Calculators to help you figure out how much stone you need, based on dimensions.
NOTE: We do not break down pallets, so you will need to find one or more that meet your weight requirements. Allow approximately 10% extra to account for waste from chipping, cutting, etc..
Flagstone / Building Stone Coverages (Per Ton):
1-1/4" Minus = 142 Sq. Ft. +/-
1" to 1-1/2" = 130 Sq. Ft. +/-
1-1/2" to 2-1/2" = 100 Sq. Ft. +/-
2" to 4" = 70 Sq. Ft. +/-
3" to 5" = 50 Sq. Ft. +/-
Flatwork (Patios, walls, etc.)
- Figure out the square footage to be covered
- Get the coverage per ton of the product desired
- Divide the square footage needed by the coverage per ton
Example: A patio or wall is 20' long and 8' wide or high and you would like to use Buff Patio flagstone that has a coverage of 110-130 square feet per ton.
(20' x 8') = 160 square feet
Average coverage is 120 square feet per ton
(160 / 120) = 1.333 tons needed
Stacked Stone Walls & Waterfalls
- Determine the average length, the average height and the average width of the stone in feet
- Multiply the length by the width by the height to get the cubic footage
- There is about 15 cubic feet in a ton of building stone or flagstone so divide the cubic footage by 15 to determine the quantity of stone needed in tons
Example: A 20' long stacked stone wall that is 1' thick and 2' tall
Length = 20', Height = 2', Width = 1'
(20' x 2' x 1') = 40 cubic feet
(40 / 15) = 2.667 tons of stone needed